Saturday, June 5, 2010

Voted best place to leave your ID ...

Dear Paul Hensler General Manager of Eurotal Fine Gourmet Coffees and Haagen-Daaz Ice Cream at Los Angeles International Airport,

Thank you for returning the ID I left on the counter of your cafe on the afternoon of May 27, 2010. I'm sure you can imagine that I broke the world record of "shit-shit-shits" uttered in a minute when I realized it was missing as I boarded my plane for Minneapolis, a session I repeated during my layover before returning to Duluth.

In the interim, I've been using an ID that expired in 2004. I'm damn-near wearing braces and a training bra in the photo, but luckily I've been able to purchase alcohol in places like Superior, Wis., despite this flagrant abuse of state-issued identification. I don't know if you've ever been to Superior, Wis. ... but if so, this will make a lot more sense.

I haven't experienced such kindness (re: the return of my ID) since I left it at the Ghetto Spur a few months ago, and it was returned with a note that said: "Sorry I carded you."

The next time I'm at LAX, I'm buying you a beer.

Big love,
Chrissy

3 comments:

Mach1 said...

If this place serves "fine European coffees" and Haagen-Dazs, why were you there? Were you lost on your way to the Slim Jim and Gatorade Mart or something?

Christa said...

Well, the real answer is that it was right next to where I was boarding. But I'll have you know I haven't had a Slim Jim in months. MONTHS!

nanners said...

hahaha. will, that was funny!