Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pasty, with a touch of Canadian accent ...

LOS ANGELES -- I did so much stuff today that when Chuck asked me how my afternoon went, I was all "De que estas hablando, Willis?"* (Futbol is still in Duluth. That was for him). I mean, the afternoon was old news. It happened three events, and some bread pudding ago.

The bread pudding: Milk Chocolate and Guiness Bread Pudding, with Jamison Caramel and Bailey's Ice Cream. It was like hot and melty St. Patrick's Day in my mouth. Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, someone told me today that I totally have that Scandinavian look. Is it so obvious that I am working on a vending system wherein lefse rolls out of my purse like touchless paper towel dispenser? Really, I'm not that Scando. Just a touch, and whatever of Chuck's Scandinavian dried skin flecks that have gotten into my hair as I slept. I've fended off two Fargo jokes, one "You Betchya" reference, and when, during a one-woman performance, we were faced with a photograph of some Minnesotans dressed in H2T camo, I was forced to admit that, yes, that is what my people dress like.

Exciting news that only Jodi will understand: One of the 24 strangers is from Wilmington, NC, where Dawson's Creek was filmed. I audibly gasped when he introduced himself. In a perfect world, I'd have busted out my falsetto and sang "I don't wanna wait for our lives to be over."

* What are you talking about, Willis?

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You need to ask him/her if he/she would mind if we stayed with them when we inevitably go on a Dawson's Creek pilgrimage.

Or find out if the Potter B&B is a real B&B.

Mach1 said...

I had to Google H2T camouflage and the first result was this post. I still don't know what it is.

Christa said...

Mach 1 -- It's a Tyra Banks-ism. H2T= head to toe. It's what she says to models who don't point their toes or do something otherwise interesting with their feet.

chuck said...

Confession: Whenever I make dinner, I sneak a little sylta into it. You've got more Scandinavian in you than you realize, kiddo.