Saturday, May 1, 2010

Holding out for a hero ...

I'm unsure what the patron in question did, but the punishment for his crime was his immediate ejection from the bar. The bartender leaped from his post to the pedestrian side of the bar, and put an 80s era wrestling move on the bad guy. The ejectee's stomach rolled over his belt in the hubub. Our friend Carlbomb went in for the assist, grabbing the man's arm to lead him outside. Carlbomb, a natural at 6-foot-a thousand probably helps 86 someone from the bar every weekend.

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed another person had entered the fray: My own Charles McChuckerstein went in as back up. He and Carlbomb dragged the man out the door and onto the sidewalk, while the bartender went back to filling drinks.

I didn't see this part, but I'm told the man threw a few punches at Carlbomb, landing one on the brick wall. Chuck helped restrain him. The man eventually left the scene, obeyed the rule that he not return to the bar. Carlbomb gave the man back his glasses, which had flown off in the mess. Carlbomb is known for his civility in times of bar scuffles.

The boys came back into the bar and bellied up. They got another drink and rehashed what happened. The look on Chuck's face was precious: One part exhilaration, one part pride. Princey and I sent our dudes an appreciative shot.

This was whole thing was so freaking cute. Unfortunately "cute" and "adorable" aren't the words bar heroes necessarily like to hear. But I can't think of better words to describe it.

Meanwhile, this is what color we painted our bedroom yesterday: 

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm pretty sure that's the same color as my dining room, but I'll have to check between my toes to make sure. (seriously- I found paint in the strangest places for the longest time after we last painted. Maybe I should shower more often)