Wednesday, August 6, 2008

proof ...

that i am a lot the same today as i was 22 years ago:


my favorite hat in 1986 was a hot pink vinyl hat. i wore it everywhere, including deadwood [pictured] and to fourth-grade orientation. this style was wildly popular in the pista family, as you can see brother pista is wearing the tan version.


my favorite hat today.

not sure if brother pista is still rocking a version of what we called our "golf hats," [as opposed to our hockey hats] but i'd bet he is definitely still wearing those shorts.

8 comments:

feistyMNgirl said...

you should have the "golf hat look" trademarked. its definitely the next big trend.

hope your dad is still rocking the maroon shorts/yellow belt combo. niiiiiice...

Jodi said...

I think we should all pay homage to (who I assume is) Pa Pista for rocking purple shorts with a yellow belt. Oh and a stache. Sorry, the hats pale in comparison to those shorts.

Kristabella said...

I am afraid to post pictures from my youth because of shots like that. Where I'm wearing shorts like that.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm mesmerized by your Dad's 'stache.

Well, that and the short shorts you're all sporting. 1986 was such a good year for fashion.

Love the hat(s).

Amy said...

there's a little girl in an olive garden commercial that looks just like you, minus the paperboy hat.

christina said...

ha! i believe those shorts and belt were from pa pista's softball uniform. he had them in a lot of colors.

Dr Zibbs said...

You would let him where that hat when you wore yours? That would not have flown in my family.

"brother pista", i guess said...

I believe the fact she was 4 yrs younger than me means that she would have had no say in where/when I wore mine...besides who do you think introduced her to such a cool style? And yes Louis you are correct, Harmon Glass softball uniform if I'm not mistaken.