Wednesday, March 5, 2008

bring it ...

plan a: one episode of 'one tree hill,' an egg and everything bagal breakfast, two pots of coffee, a long, long run, doubling back to the benetton sale, hunting the city limits for fashions last seen on my seventh-grade body followed by three loads of wife beater-fused laundry and giving the refrigerator a bleach bath.

or plan b: this four-day headache, dizziness and nausea that can only be cured with parmeasan cheese with a sprinkle of angel hair pasta on top of it turns out to be a living, breathing sick and i spend the day testing the limits of a pair of pajama pants, zonking in and out of sleep, flipping through 12 back issues of the new yorker, injecting thera flu into the webbing between my toes, playing 78 point words in scrabulous and praying for a "mother may i sleep with danger" repeat on the lifetime network.

it's win-win.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i pity the fool you played a 78 pt. word on. thank goodness i escaped our game unscathed. must be time to start another!

fann

CDP said...

Plan A didn't look bad, other than the refrigerator cleaning. Plan B looks very good to me right now, very good indeed.

Flenker said...

glad the 78-pointer wasn't against me! :)

I'm coming down with (what I hope is just) a cold right now. I'm with you on the floating in and out of sleep thing. That's been my Monday and Tuesday so far. Not that I'm complaining about sleeping all the time. That's awesome

L Sass said...

I hope you feel better and find lots of good "cures" on Lifetime!

Beret said...

OMG that was the BEST (worst) of Tori's made for tv movies.

christina said...

fannie -- you're ugly when you brag.

cdp -- if you saw the fridge, you'd see the bleach bath as a great and joyful thing.

flenker -- you're ugly when you brag.

l sass -- my bad. i forgot the state high school hockey tournament was on.

beret -- let's not forget that tori spelling's biography comes out this month. it's the first item on the blahblahblahler book club.

Winter said...

When we were younger my Dad was flipping through the TV stations when he stopped at Lifetime, my sister yelled at my Dad that he wasn't suppose to watch that channel, it was for women only.

Whiskeymarie said...

I hope you didn't catch the "ick" from me. I WAS in Duluth this weekend, after all. I may have inadvertently left my germs behind.
Oops.

J-Money said...

I LOVE LIFETIME (station motto: Because sometimes Midol isn't enough) and I'll wedge myself between the sofa cushions if I see Miz Spelling's name in the credits.

Highly recommended: The one where someone steals her frozen embryos.