Sunday, December 23, 2007

stupid swirly mess of blue ...

i cannot even believe what is happening outside right now, speaking of little house on the prairie. chuck stared at an online weather radar map and groaned.

"do you even know what that means?" i asked.
"this blue stuff," he said pointing to a circular mess of swirl. "that's snow."

it is very windy and pizza man and papa john's have denied the opportunity to fill my face with cheese bready flavored holiday spirit. i'm going to eat my elbow for dinner.

i haven't finished christmas shopping, which means another year of gifts from the ghetto spur: beef jerkey for my six year old niece, mel; matching scratch off lottery tickets for my parents; pork rinds for brother pista; windshield washer fluid for my sister-in-law and two cans of hormel chili for chuck.

i've been referencing the hour-to-hour weather report to gauge when my mood will improve. seems like maybe at about 6 a.m. monday.

if i were to count my blessings right now, it would be that a) chuck has cable and tvio: i finally got to see an episode of the the real housewives of orange county, and gossip girl thus far seems unaffected by the writer's strike; b) no one is here to critique my hygienic negligence.

happy birthday, jesus!

4 comments:

feistyMNgirl said...

this is why i keep my freezer stocked with frozen Jack's...

Kristabella said...

I don't know what is worse, snow or the -100 degree wind chill we have in Chicago. Because I don't much appreciate freezer burn on my face.

Backpacker momma said...

Hope you manage to have an awesome Christmas regardless of weather! We were teased into thinking we'd get mild weather for Christmas and thats gone out the window. Luckily our snow has fallen in heaps already so the roads are good and icy in time for the holdidays. Yay.

Merry Ho Ho!

Lollie said...

I feel bad. My guy got me two tickets to The Joffery Ballet as a stocking stuffer. He got a travel pack of Q-tips. erk.